Build failure with Qt 5

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Nov 21 12:17:23 UTC 2012

On Friday 26 October 2012 16:52:29 Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A recent patch of mine makes the frameworks branch fail to build with Qt 5:
>
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,37624
>
> I made it not possible to emit the aboutToQuit signal, which apparently
> KApplication tries to do.
>
> I don't know the X code that KApplication is using which tries to emit that
> signal in response (iceIOErrorHandler).

libICE is used for session management, and was also used in KDE3 for DCOP.

> Is that something that should be done in Qt itself?

Yes, whenever session management gets implemented again in Qt... right now
it's completely missing in Qt5 :-(

For now I think it's ok to just ignore that error handler, the complete lack
of session management code is the bigger problem that this issue is part of.