Anybody using the frameworks branch ?

Manuel Nickschas sputnick at quassel-irc.org
Mon Nov 19 23:15:25 UTC 2012

Hi,

Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Sunday 18 November 2012, David Faure wrote:
>> On Sunday 18 November 2012 18:21:49 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>> >
>> > is currently actually anybody using an installed kdelibs from the
>> > frameworks branch ?
>>
>> Steve and Sput are regularly compiling kdepimlibs-frameworks AFAIK (which
>> depends on kdelibs-frameworks).
>
> Would be interesting to know how they do that.

Well, I build kdelibs[frameworks], make install into some local prefix, and
then I build kdepimlibs[frameworks] configured for that same prefix. Not
sure what kind of CMake sorcery is involved in kdepimlibs, but it finds KF5
just fine.

>> Surely kdepimlibs-frameworks looks for specific frameworks instead.
>>
>> Alternatively, didn't you make a FindKF5.cmake or something, for easy
>> initial porting to KF5?
>
> This works only for frameworks which install a Config.cmake file, i.e.
> currently none ;-)

Well, finding e.g. kcoreaddons using something like kcoreaddons_LIBS seems
to work just fine. I'm not at my office box right now so I can't look up
what actually happens, but it works for compiling the (for me) relevant
parts of kdepimlib's frameworks branch. And yes, it's properly linking to
KF5 instead of kdelibs-4.

~ Sput
--
Manuel "Sputnick" Nickschas ("Sput" on Freenode)                  |  (o<
Member of the Quassel IRC Project - http://quassel-irc.org        |  //\