KArchive for Qt4

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Mon Nov 19 08:41:55 UTC 2012

On 2012-11-18, Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org> wrote:
> On Sunday 18 November 2012, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>> On Saturday 17 November 2012, Sune Vuorela wrote:
>> > at least the two following things (which is taken from memory, so there
>> > might be typing issues)
>> >
>> > threadweaver_LIBRARY is just "threadweaver". I needed to figure out how
>> > to add LINK_DIRECTORIES(${threadweaver_DIR}) the right places as well.
>> > that was at least ... unexpected.
>>
>> this is because the string "threadweaver" refers to the imported target
>> with the name "threadweaver".
>
> I would also see this as a hint that we should use a namespace for the
> exported target, so the line wouldn't be
>
> set(threadweaver_LIBRARY threadweaver)

hmm.. to the untrained reader like me, it just looks like something
cmake would just do -lfoo to, so if we could somehow mark with some
magic to show that it is meant to be a imported target and not to be
interpreted as just -lthreadweaver.

> set(threadweaver_LIBRARY KF5::threadweaver)
> or
> set(threadweaver_LIBRARY KDE::threadweaver)
> or
> set(threadweaver_LIBRARY ImportedTarget::threadweaver)
> or
> set(threadweaver_LIBRARY ThreadWeaver::threadweaver)
>
> or something similar, hoping that this name gives a hint that this is not
> simply the filename of the library.

yep. My aestethic sense (which normally should be ignored) speaks
against the last one and for KDE:: variant.

/Sune