KArchive for Qt4

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Sat Nov 17 19:09:00 UTC 2012

On 2012-11-17, Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org> wrote:

>> We have apparantly a ECM_SOVERSION coming from somewhere and used.

>> > What do you mean exactly ?
>>
>> We have a generated config file that I still haven't figured out where
>> it comes from (and which is quite buggy
>
> What exactly is buggy in the file ?

at least the two following things (which is taken from memory, so there
might be typing issues)

threadweaver_LIBRARY is just "threadweaver". I needed to figure out how
to add LINK_DIRECTORIES(${threadweaver_DIR}) the right places as well.
that was at least ... unexpected.

the variable for includes is not complete. you include most bits by
doing include <threadweaver/foo>, but threadweaver/foo includes
"threadweaver_export.h", so the threadweaver_INCLUDE_DIR variable isn't
complete enough. I needed
include_directories(${threadweaver_INCLUDE_DIR}
${threadweaver_INCLUDE_DIR}/threadweaver) to get it to be used.

and when I was doing a installer on windows (where I need to include the
threadweaver.dll file) I had to do like
INSTALL(${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/bin/lib${threadweaver_LIBRARY}.dll
DESTINATION bin) but I_think that's jsut a extra way of showing the
first issue.

So basically, getting the library to link and getting the include paths
was broken.

/Sune