KArchive for Qt4

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Thu Nov 15 21:07:45 UTC 2012

On 2012-11-15, Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org> wrote:
>> I thought we earlier agreed on things like "you should not inherit
>> sonames from other modules" and such.

We have apparantly a ECM_SOVERSION coming from somewhere and used.

>> and we just have layers of added complexity that seems to be added for
>> the sake of complexity.
>
> What do you mean exactly ?

We have a generated config file that I still haven't figured out where
it comes from (and which is quite buggy and hard to fix where you don't
know where it comes from)
We have a find_package(KF5...) that does all sorts of unexpected magic
We have magic install variables

but in all our magic, we have actually lost the
CamelCase/ForwardingHeaders

and this is just after a short while of trying to use some bits.

/Sune