Dialogs, KMessage box and job widgets

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Nov 15 19:28:13 UTC 2012

El Dijous, 15 de novembre de 2012, a les 19:59:54, Valentin Rusu va escriure:
> On 11/15/2012 02:51 AM, Aleix Pol wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 8:37 PM, Valentin Rusu <kde at rusu.info
> >
> > <mailto:kde at rusu.info>> wrote:
> >     According to the epics page, kdeui/dialogs will go to tier3.
> >     On the other hand, kdeui/jobs will go to tier2, only the class
> >     KDialogJobUiDelegate is actually using KMessageBox.
> >     If KMessageBox will stay in "dialogs", then tier2 jobs will need
> >     to call tier3. I suppose that's not the desired situation.
> >
> >     What would be the best solution in order to follow the defined
> >     policies? Where should KMessageBox
> >     go?<https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-frameworks-devel>
> >
> > Maybe we can port from KMessageBox to QMessageBox?
>
> Well, I think I'll port it to QT then. I suppose it should go the the
> inqt5 library in this case.

Are we really losing all the integration?

What's the point of having KMessageBox if we don't use it? If we are starting
to use QMessageBox everywhere at least we could try to see what we can
upstream to QMessabeBox?

Too many questions and no answers, sorry :-/

Cheers,
  Albert