KWallet plugin logic implementation inside frameworks

Valentin Rusu kde at rusu.info
Mon Nov 5 18:13:30 UTC 2012

On 11/05/2012 04:49 PM, Jon Severinsson wrote:
> söndagen den 4 november 2012 16:03:12 skrev  Valentin Rusu:
>> This plugin actually contains the old KWallet API implementation, the
>> one which calls the kwalletd.
>> I think the best place for kwalletdefaultplugin should be
>> kde-runtime/kwalletd. This way, this plugin will get installed at the
>> same time as the daemon it communicates with.
> As KF5 framesworks are supposed to be as self contained as possible, I think
> that eventually both should end up inside tier3/kwallet (though obviously as
> optional components, as you might want to use a different plugin instead).

So, if I'm right, kwallet should have a backends subdirectory,
containing kwalletd from kde-runtime and the corresponding plugin. Not a
bad idea. I always found that the kwallet API and daemon separation was
somewhat artificial, as the only kwalletd client is kdelibs AFAIK. I'll
add later the ksecrets backend to it.

> However, at the moment we don't want to move code between git repositories if
> it can be avoided, as that makes merging from the 4.10 branch more difficult. So
> please don't move the daemon or the plugin yet.

Ok, got it.

> Best regards
> Jon Severinsson

Regards,

--
Valentin Rusu (IRC valir, KDE vrusu)
KSecretsService (former KSecretService, KWallet replacement)