kdeui splitup (widgets)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri May 11 08:11:28 UTC 2012

On Sunday 06 May 2012 01:14:19 Stephen Kelly wrote:
> David Faure wrote:
> > kcompletionwidgets would only contain KLineEdit+KComboBox, and the
> > completion classes. That's really not much imho.
>
> If we put KLineEdit in its own framework, that would already be 4 public
> classes (KLineEdit, KCompletionBase, KCompletion, KCompletionMatches).
>
> A more realistic kcompletionwidgets would additionally contain KComboBox,
> KCompletionBox, KEditListWidget, KHistoryComboBox KTimeComboBox and
> KDateComboBox.

I don't like the name much, though.
The last 4 classes you listed above, have very little to do with completion.
Someone looking for KTimeComboBox would never think of looking for it in
"kcompletionwidgets".

I would rather have kwidgets, and a separate tier4 lib for KDE-related stuff
(e.g. I just found out that KDialog belongs there, because it's tied to the
help system of KDE (help:/ urls which end up opening khelpcenter). I'm not
aware of a cross-free-desktops and even less cross-platform solution for this.
I guess "pure Qt" apps simply open up HTML pages?).