setting EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH in tier1/ tests ?

Patrick Spendrin ps_ml at gmx.de
Thu May 10 09:15:57 UTC 2012

Am 10.05.2012 10:45, schrieb David Faure:
> On Thursday 10 May 2012 10:36:20 Patrick Spendrin wrote:
>>> set(EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR})
>>
>> Yes, the EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH should be set per project into the
>> project binary_dir\bin
>
> As a linux developer, I don't like this. I want to be able to do
> make && ./kurltest
> or make kurltest/fast && ./kurltest
> rather than
> make && ../../bin/kurltest

Well, I don't want to impose this on Linux, I would even think
restricting this to windows is ok.
One other solution I could think of is to link the test executables into
that directory (so that ./kurltest works for you), but I am not sure how
hard that would be.

> And why is it OK for Qt autotests (to be built in the directory containing the
> sources), but not for kde frameworks autotests?

The problem will exist everywhere, except if tests are statically linked
to the tested code.

regards,
Patrick