setting EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH in tier1/ tests ?

Patrick Spendrin ps_ml at gmx.de
Thu May 10 08:36:20 UTC 2012

[resending since I am now subscribed ;-)]
Am 09.05.2012 22:18, schrieb Alexander Neundorf:
> Hi,
>
> in several autotests/ directories in tier1/ EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH is
> set like this:
>
> set(EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR})

Yes, the EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH should be set per project into the
project binary_dir\bin

> If I'm not wrong, this means those tests can't be executed without
> further work under Windows.
>
> Under Linux everything is fine, RPATH is set properly in the buildtree
> automatically.
>
> Under Windows there is no RPATH, so the executable won't find e.g. the
> kcoreaddons library.
>
> What to do...
>
> either put the executable into the same directory as the library, e.g.
> in the buildtree into kcoreaddons/bin/

Put the test binaries into the same directory as the runtime part of the
library. e.g. in project\build\bin should be all libraries and test
executables.

External libraries should be expected to be in the path. This happens
right after $make install has been run. I am not sure about the current
state, so if libraries should still be build together, this would of
course make problems (as the make install will then only be run after
all libraries have been built).

> or generate wrapper scripts as we do in KDE4 in kde4_add_executable().
>
> Any Windows developers around ?

sorry, now I am available too.

> Alex
>
> P.S. Kevin, any progress on your "Get Windows and OSX developers more
> involved" item ?

That should improve now ;-)

regards,
Patrick