setting EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH in tier1/ tests ?

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed May 9 20:18:56 UTC 2012

Hi,

in several autotests/ directories in tier1/ EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH is set like
this:
set(EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR})

If I'm not wrong, this means those tests can't be executed without further
work under Windows.
Under Linux everything is fine, RPATH is set properly in the buildtree
automatically.
Under Windows there is no RPATH, so the executable won't find e.g. the
kcoreaddons library.

What to do...

either put the executable into the same directory as the library, e.g. in the
buildtree into kcoreaddons/bin/

or generate wrapper scripts as we do in KDE4 in kde4_add_executable().

Any Windows developers around ?

Alex

P.S. Kevin, any progress on your "Get Windows and OSX developers more
involved" item ?