KColorScheme

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Jul 20 16:09:40 UTC 2012

On Thursday 19 July 2012 22:18:36 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> because I don't have a KDE build at the moment :-(

Too bad, I wanted to ask for your help on something related...

I don't know if you followed the "KDE Frameworks" effort, but we're basically
trying to upstream as much of the kdelibs functionality as possible, into Qt.
Anything that makes sense for all Qt applications (i.e. which isn't tied to
the KDE workspace or community), should go into Qt.

Do you think KColorScheme could be replaced with a Qt feature?
What would that be? Would more enums in QPalette (turning them into flags,
actually, to combine several of the different enums from KCS) be enough?

The actual code can stay in KDE, via the future QPA plugin for instance.

What I'm really after, is the API. How to write Qt apps with Qt API, and then
have them behave nicely in a KDE workspace (e.g. user settings would be
applied at that level).

Well, even if you can't work on this at the moment, your input by email would
still be very welcome, so that we have an idea of what would be the ideal
solution about this.