Monitoring autotest coverage in frameworks

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 23:44:51 UTC 2012

Hey guys,

I was wondering if we already had a way to generate reports on
autotests coverage using lcov/gcov in frameworks. Looking at our cmake
infrastructure, I spotted a build mode "Profile" which should
apparently set the correct compiler flags (but actually, at least for
me, it didn't work), I didn't go as far as seeing if it also forces
every library to build static. Instead, there seems to be no mention
of a lcov target.

Question time: is anybody already working on this? I think it's quite
important for us to have such a thing, and I'd be happy to provide
patches for this to happen (would be cool if Alex or any other
buildsystem gatekeeper gave a word about how this should be done/where
should it go).