KAction to QT migration plan

Valentin Rusu kde at rusu.info
Sun Feb 26 11:56:33 UTC 2012

Hello,

As previously discussed here, I prepared a migration plan for KAction
class. It takes the form af a spreadsheet available here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj05Q1-vupr3dFFoUUYyc2pTZlltUFdRX3M5Z1Y2aGc

After doing this, I think that further discussion is needed to decide
some issues.
The more important issue is: should KGlobalAccel go to Qt?

More details on this:
- KGlobalAccel communicates with kglobalaccel KDED,
- if KGlobalAccel goes to Qt, then the KDED module should also go, in my
opinion.
- if KGlobalAccel goes to Qt, then KAction class will only hold KAuth
specifi code.

This brings second issue : should KAuth go to Qt?
 From the actual kdelibs state I understand that "no".
So KAction class will not dissapear as it'll have at least the KAuth
specific code.

Finally, a pragmatic approach would be to port the methods I identified
on the spreadsheet in a first step, then proceed with other steps along
our decisions.

Waiting for feedback...

--
Valentin Rusu (IRC valir, KDE vrusu)
KSecretsService (former KSecretService, KWallet replacement)