kdelibs partially ported to Qt5

Stephen Kelly stephen.kelly at kdab.com
Thu Feb 2 21:30:52 UTC 2012

Hi there,

I ported some of kdelibs to Qt5 (just the easy stuff).

You can see the commits here:

http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kdelibs.git&a=log&h=894cde6ead6d9146d97e8adc7959efc907fdfe0e

To try it out, you need CMake 2.8.7 and extra-cmake-modules master.

I found some source incompatibilities, some of which have not been fixed, and
others which have not been, but which could be.

One is the ctor of QTabletEvent, which has been changed. A backward compatible
deprecated ctor might be added to replace the removed ctor.

Another is the change in QLibrary to return only function pointers, and not
void* anymore. This is something that was exposed through the KLibrary API,
but was also exposed through Kross (script bindings) so that might affect
other bindings too.

There are also some accessibility enums that have been removed, and I don't
know how to port away from (or what to port to).

The port is stuck at kdeui (which blocks a lot of other stuff), because of the
change to QPA. The kdeui library uses the Qt4 X11 integration.

This was also a good test for the CMake integration, which works well :).

Thanks,

--
Stephen Kelly <stephen.kelly at kdab.com> | Software Engineer