Fwd: Forward porting policy

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Feb 1 23:13:36 UTC 2012

For kdelibs I can answer, as I said :)

>> 1. Should 4.x always be fully merged into master? Just to avoid
>> merging to master other commits from other developers which weren't
>> meant to be there

Yes.

[since no development happens in kdelibs master anyway, so this is probably
different for other modules, where master could have a different fix...]

>> 2. Are commits from scripty ok to be merged?

Yes, since scripty doesn't run in kdelibs-master nor in kdelibs-frameworks,
anyway.

[which is probably very different for other modules]

>> 3. Should I just commit to 4.8 or wait for somebody else to do the
>> merge periodically (optimal solution IMHO)?

This is how it works for kdelibs, yes. But I'm definitely not sure people use
'git merge' in other modules.