Config files for frameworks (Was: KArchive for Qt4)

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun Dec 16 18:00:55 UTC 2012

On Thursday 29 November 2012, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> The tier1 Config files (after CMake 2.8.11) should only contain this:
>
>  set(kwidgetsaddons_VERSION_MAJOR "@KWIDGETSADDONS_VERSION_MAJOR@")
>  set(kwidgetsaddons_VERSION_MINOR "@KWIDGETSADDONS_VERSION_MINOR@")
>  set(kwidgetsaddons_VERSION_PATCH "@KWIDGETSADDONS_VERSION_PATCH@")
>
>  if (NOT TARGET KF5::widgetsaddons) # See item 1.
>    include("${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/kwidgetsaddonsTargets.cmake")
>  endif()
>
>  include(FooMacros.cmake) # As required.
>
> The tier2 and higher config files need also to find_package their
> dependencies.
>
> If you think anything else is needed (apart from for compatibility
> variables, which we can provide separately - there is no need for
> compatibility variables for kwidgetaddons as it has not existed before),
> then please let me know and we can make sure that it can be done with
> IMPORTED targets instead.

Please have a look at the current solidConfig.cmake.in.
This is mostly as I think it should be (the include-guard is still missing).

It now also contains user-documentation and some package-specific information,
which I consider useful, whether for using solid or for figuring out what the
installed solid version does, as well as the proper DIRS and LIBRARIES
variables.

Alex