removing use of qt names which are removed in qt5

David Faure faure+bluesystems at kde.org
Thu Dec 13 10:55:53 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 12 December 2012 09:54:21 Treeve Jelbert wrote:
> I would suggest applying it to KDE/4.9 branch and then forward porting
> to master, KDE/4.10 , frameworks.

I don't think we should touch 4.9 for this, it doesn't fix a bug there, let's
start at 4.10.

> It also reduces the number of errors when compiling kdelibs/frameworks
> using qt-5.0
> My latest attempt to build frameworks got as far as
> [2666/3860] Building CXX object
> kfile/tests/CMakeFiles/kurlnavigatortest.dir/kurlnaviga
> tortest_automoc.cpp.o

This is very surprising, everything builds here.
Which error do you get?

> [...]
Thanks for the suggestion, I just ran the (simpler, IMHO) commands
perl -pi -e 's/Qt::WFlags/Qt::WindowFlags/' `git grep -l WFlags`
perl -pi -e 's/fromAscii/fromLatin1/' `git grep -l fromAscii`
perl -pi -e 's/toAscii/toLatin1/' `git grep -l toAscii`

I'll commit to 4.10 and cringe at the conflicts in frameworks :-)