dependency issue (KService* -> KPluginLoader -> KLocale)

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 17:06:22 UTC 2012

2012/8/31 Kevin Ottens <ervin at kde.org>:
> Now if that was a case of "the framework can't work without the dependency"
> I'd have a position similar to your. But here it's depending on the nature of
> the plugins, not on what the framework itself needs, that's what rings the
> "worth doing it" to me.

I understand your position - but bluntly speaking, my main rationale
for all of this was: I don't think it's worth spending too much energy
on a hack/solution on something which is not broken and most of all,
as David said, will probably be fading out in the near Qt 5.1 future.
And I doubt we'll use frameworks-based kservice extensively before
that future happens. But again, just my 2c and I'd still welcome any
effort on it :) What matters the most in this discussion is that we
all agree on approach 1x.