More work available

Kevin Funk krf at gmx.de
Thu Aug 2 16:43:13 UTC 2012

On Thursday 02 August 2012, 17:26, David Faure wrote:
> On Friday 27 July 2012 14:38:32 David Faure wrote:
> > Here's the moment you were all waiting for: I just added more very-easy
> > tasks at the top of
> > http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Epics/kdelibs_cleanups
>
> For the last two weeks, I've been the only committer to kdelibs frameworks
> (one week working, one week on "holidays", i.e. on my free time).
>
> No volunteer for any of the above tasks, for almost one week now.
>
> What can I do to make KDE Frameworks development more attractive?
>
> It used to be hard to build - that's fixed by the "Building" wiki page.
>
> It used to be hard to know how to contribute - that's fixed by the above
> wiki page, which has both "very easy" and "more interesting" tasks.
> (plus all the Qt-related tasks, which is even "more interesting")
>
> Am I the only person in the world who cares about the KDE libraries?
>
> :(
>
> There were 30 people in Randa, 20 people in the BoF at Akademy, where's
> everyone now?
> I see lots of commits in other parts of KDE for the last two weeks, so it's
> not like everyone is at the beach... (and it's not like there were 40
> contributors previously either).

Hey there,

I planned to help out on the KDE frameworks branch during the next months
(semester break).

Until now I didnt actually have time or didnt know where to start, but I guess
the above link should help me to get started. I'd really like to get more
involved into kdelibs API development and/or Qt upstream work.

Anyway, for now, and for the next week I'm at the aforesaid beach, though.
Sorry. :)

I'll come back to you in approx. 1.5 weeks. Don't be desperate!

Greets

--
Kevin Funk