moving classes to kde4support

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Apr 28 19:23:04 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 28 March 2012 16:14:32 Giorgos Tsiapaliwkas wrote:
> #       renamed:    kdeui/widgets/knuminput.cpp ->
> staging/kwidgets/src/widgets/knuminput.cpp
> #       renamed:    kdeui/widgets/knuminput.h ->
> staging/kwidgets/src/widgets/knuminput.h

Hi Giorgios.

I made a more complete investigation of kdeui today, and wrote down results in
http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Epics/Reduce_class_duplication

What I found was a number of ready candidates for moving to kde4support:
KDoubleValidator (from the above file), KSplashScreen (from kdeui/dialogs) and
KDialogButtonBox (from kdeui/widgets). These are not used anywhere in kdelibs,
so they can just move. Can you work on that, in the frameworks branch? Should
be straightforward.

We'll come back to kwidgets and kactions with a more precise master plan, I'll
post about this soon.