Getting started.

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Nov 3 08:54:34 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 02 November 2011 21:24:31 Jeremy Whiting wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> In trying to get started helping out with frameworks branch I have it
> checked out and have asked David some basic questions about where to
> move some of the kdeui/colors stuff.  I have an idea what to do, but
> after moving shouldn't I make sure it builds before committing?

Yes, ideally, but right now the frameworks branch doesn't compile.

> My main question is that since yesterday with frameworks branch I always
> get:
> CMake Error: INSTALL(EXPORT "kcoreaddonsLibraryTargets" ...) includes
> target "kcoreaddons" which requires target "inqt5" that is not in the
> export set.
> when I run cmake.

Yes I'm getting the same, see my email to kde-buildsystem.
I have no idea why this happens, I tried to make the lib "inqt5" (which is
part of the sources, it contains QStandardPaths so that we can keep using qt4
for now) exported like the others, but it doesn't seem to work.

However if you type "make" again, it will proceed with compilation, since all
the makefiles have been created at that point.

Then you'll hit other compilation issues, but I'm working on fixing these.