examples

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Dec 9 12:21:29 UTC 2011

On Thursday, December 8, 2011 21:39:53 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> So if it is a separate library, having the examples with the library is

this makes exactly the point: we want people using as many of our libraries as
possible, so we are motivated to make that as easy as possible.

there are two use cases where having it all in one place really makes a
difference:

* someone who is already using multiple KDE frameworks -> they have just one
place to look to get all the examples. looking at your build service example
was quick and easy for me this morning because i already had kdeexamples
checked out, though certainly i did not grab it originally because of that
particular example. so it saved me time.

* someone who is using one framework, or a subset of them -> by having all
examples on hand, it allows them to see what else is possible with KDE
Frameworks

so on the one hand, it's a way to decrease the effort needed to keep up with
all that is great in KDE land and on the other hand it's a great way to expose
more people to the breadth of our offering.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se