GSoC '21 KMyMoney: Merge ready(to upstream/gsoc21) Alkimia fork

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Thu Aug 19 15:45:05 BST 2021

Am 19.08.21 um 16:02 schrieb Suraj Kumar Mahto via Kde-finance-apps:
> Hello,
> I have pushed my commits to
> https://invent.kde.org/surajsloth/alkimia/-/tree/gsoc21
> <https://invent.kde.org/surajsloth/alkimia/-/tree/gsoc21>. The webview
> also seem to work. If it is merge ready please let me know.

> Shall I create a gsoc21 branch in the upstream repo and create a merge
> request(surajsloth:gsoc21->upstream:gsoc21) for the same?

You can open a merge request from your current branch after rebasing
this branch with upstream master.

$ git checkout gsoc21

$ git branch gsoc21-temp  # to have a copy

$ git fetch upstream
$ git rebase upstream/master

... fix possible conflicts

You can do this by editing the affected files with an editor.

After that you will have 7 commeits for one topic, which should be
squashed into one

$ git rebase -i HEAD~7

which will open an editor.

>From line 2 on replace the term 'pick' into 's', which stands for squashing.

Then close the editor. Then a new editor is opened, with which you can
change the resulting commit message for the squashed commits, which
should describe what this single commit does.

Then run

$ git push -f

to push your changes.

Finally open your repo on invent.kde.org and open a merge request for
the alkimia project targeting the master branch.

If you feel not comfortable doing the mentioned stuff, push your branch
to upstream/gsoc21 and I will care about that rebasing. After that you
can open a merge request from there.

Regards
Ralf