Speed up gdb loading

Da Viper yerimyah1 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 18:35:49 BST 2021

Hello a little update,

 just checked,  the gdb crash is not limited to my printer also exist
printer

Including the one in kdevelop (try to print qvariant),

I think it crashes when you try to access any memory, not hundred percent
sure.

For Kdevelop printer I think it crashes at line 698 when it tries to parse
the data type

and mine when in qtprinter_py2 line 850-851

when I try to access the memory of the  private pointer

On Mon, 2 Aug 2021, 17:57 Da Viper, <yerimyah1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Update I just tried it  gdbmi from the cli to print the values
>
> I does not show any errors it just crashes out of gdb to the command line
>
> On Mon, 2 Aug 2021, 17:23 Da Viper, <yerimyah1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello there I am currently do so,
>>
>> But I have a problem with using python2,
>>
>> It does not work for some classes in an ide but I cannot figure out why,
>>
>> I have updated the read me to add python 2
>>
>> You have to import qtprinters_py2 to use python2
>>
>> SCENARIO:
>>
>> For example we have a qfile
>>
>> `QFile file("/some/file/path");`
>>
>> if I go to the command line gdb to print it, it works correctly, but when
>> I try it within the IDE it crashes.
>>
>> I think it has to do with the long type when reading the memory of the
>> QFile  in python2 but I am not sure. I tried using int() for the address.
>> But It is too large.
>>
>> Is there a way to know what the actual problem is because it just crashes
>> without any traceback.
>>

>> I also tried to setup kdevelop on windows.
>>
>> I use qt's mingw it configures correctly but
>> It would builds, but there is no gdb option in the debug configuration
>> only lldb
>>

>> Thanks
>>

>> On Mon, 2 Aug 2021, 09:15 Ralf Habacker via Kde-finance-apps, <
>> kde-finance-apps at kde.org> wrote:

>>> I recognized that the recent gdb version 10.2 speeds up symbol loading
>>> on Windows, see
>>>
>>> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/info-gnu/2021-04/msg00006.html
>>> * Improved performance during startup through the use of threading
>>> during symbol table loading (an optional feature in GDB 9, now
>>> enabled by default in GDB 10).
>>>
>>> You may verify this with a recent kmymoney snapshot from
>>> https://kmymoney.org/snapshots.php#kmymoney5-aq6, which now contains
>>> gdb 10.2.
>>>
>>> If you want a standalone gdb package that is independent of kmymoney and
>>> better suited for testing with your gdb printer GSOC project, you can check
>>> https://kmymoney.org/snapshots.php#gdb-snapshot.
>>> Regards