GSoC discussions

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sat May 30 10:51:48 BST 2020

Hi Prasun,

On Samstag, 30. Mai 2020 10:58:13 CEST Prasun Kumar wrote:

> Hi mentors,
> There was an email from the KDE admins a few days back in the KDE-SoC
> mailing list. It said to discuss with GSoC mentors regarding KDE Developer
> status. Can you tell me how to apply for that and whether there are any
> requirements for the application?

Usually, access shall be granted once you have provided some patches/MRs. Some more information can be found on

https://community.kde.org/Infrastructure/Get_a_Developer_Account#Who_Can_Apply_For_a_KDE_Developer_Account.3F[1]

which also contains information about the process (SSH keys, etc.)  Mentors will sponsor the application once they have reviewed a first round of patches (that is how we proceeded with non GSoC participants in the past).

Hope that answers your question. In case I am missing something, please let us know.

BTW, do you maintain a blog where you report about the progress of your GSoC project?

Thomas Baumgart

'Never underestimate the determination of a kid who is
time-rich and cash-poor.' -- Cory Doctorow: Little brother

--------
[1] https://community.kde.org/Infrastructure/Get_a_Developer_Account#Who_Can_Apply_For_a_KDE_Developer_Account.3F