Question about SQLite database's valid_upto field

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sat Jun 13 06:22:30 BST 2020

On Samstag, 13. Juni 2020 05:45:35 CEST Prasun Kumar wrote:

> > > Can you explain this one:
> > >
> > >     3. end...() tags should always be empty
> >
> > They are not really used by cmake and have to be updated every time the
> > corresponding term (...) is changed, which means additional work and is
> > often forgotten
>

> Sorry for being unclear, can you point out which end..() tags are being
> talked about? Are those endif() and endfunction()?
> I checked, there were no contents in between the parentheses. If I missed
> somewhere, can you please point out?

In older versions of cmake, one had to match the contents of an if() and endif()
otherwise it would not work. Therefore, you had to maintain the expression in
two locations (if and endif). This requirement has been dropped by cmake at some
point in time and nowadays you don't need that anymore. See docs on

https://cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake2.6docs.html#command:if

vs.

https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.18/command/if.html

Regards

Thomas

> On Thu, 11 Jun 2020 at 20:19, Ralf Habacker <ralf.habacker at freenet.de>
> wrote:
>
> > Am 11.06.20 um 05:14 schrieb Prasun Kumar:
> > > Thanks for the review, sir. I will incorporate your suggestions in my
> > > coding style.
> > >
> > > Can you explain this one:
> > >
> > >     3. end...() tags should always be empty
> >
> > They are not really used by cmake and have to be updated every time the
> > corresponding term (...) is changed, which means additional work and is
> > often forgotten
> >
> > > And, is this one necessary?:
> > >
> > >     4. use 4 spaces, no tabs
> >  > Is there any specific reason for this in this project?
> >
> > The display of tabs depends on the settings of the used editor and will
> > often lead to formatting issues and are often not visible as required in
> > review tools.
> >
> > > I have always use tabs and I know there are different views on this
> > matter,
> > > but I could use spaces if it is required for this project.
> >
> > yes, please
> >
> > Regards
> > Ralf

Thomas Baumgart

How can you make a programming language that will be good for
everything if you cannot even make such a screwdriver?
An open source enthusiast