Interested in contributing to KtoBlzCheck

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Thu Feb 27 19:15:15 GMT 2020

Betreff: 	Re: Interested in contributing to KtoBlzCheck
Datum: 	Fri, 21 Feb 2020 14:31:57 +0100
Von: 	Ralf Habacker <ralf.habacker at freenet.de>
An: 	Prasun Kumar <prasun.code at gmail.com>

Am 21.02.20 um 14:01 schrieb Prasun Kumar:
> Yes, it works perfectly now. Thanks.
> Can you suggest the way forward to get involved in this project? I
> would like to contribute to this project

You should get familiar (if not present) with

- cmake (mostly by working on concret tasks)

- c++ programming, (this could for example be done by inspecting present
code)

- Integrated development environments (QtCreator or KDevelop)

- build tool chains gcc, make, binutils

- UML Modelling tools  for example https://umbrello.kde.org/, with which
you can import c++ code and inspect and/or design new classes

Concrete tasks to  learn from:

1. try to integrate generating sqlite database from
https://cgit.kde.org/kmymoney.git/tree/kmymoney/plugins/ibanbicdata/germany?h=4.8

2. replace the code, which uses the bank data text file with code that
uses the new sqlite database

3. write/refactor unit tests for the new code

4. It may required to refactor/simplify the cmake build system while
working on it

5. add additional countries to the generated sqlite database (see
https://cgit.kde.org/kmymoney.git/tree/kmymoney/plugins/ibanbicdata?h=4.8)

6. extend ktoblzcheck code to use  the additional countries

7. write/refactor unit tests for the new code

8. update ktoblzcheck documentation

Some generic rules:

1. Use a git repo for development to track changes  (private clone of
ktoblzcheck on sf.net)

2. Make single commits for each task or step, no commits with tons of
collected change. You can reorganize (rebase) or squash commits later

1. On extending classes, make sure, that code will work cross platform
e.g. do not use hardcoded pathes.

Regards

Ralf