[Kde-finance-apps] Porting KLocale::formatMoney()/readMoney() to Qt5/KF5, best practise?

Stephane MANKOWSKI stephane at mankowski.fr
Wed Jan 6 19:09:49 UTC 2016

Hi Friedrich,

Good initiative !

Concerning Skrooge:
1- Skrooge has been ported to Qt5/Kf5 but still need KDELibs4Support.
2- We don't use KLocale::readMoney() because amounts are entered like this:

2- We use KLocale::formatMoney because we can control the number of digits.
3- From KDELibs4Support, we use KCurrencyCode too to get information
about existing currencies. This is not available in Qt5.

I don't know activities to improve QLocale.

Regards.
Stéphane