[Kde-finance-apps] libalkimia on api.kde.org (was: Re: Porting KLocale::formatMoney()/readMoney() to Qt5/KF5, best practise?)

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Wed Jan 6 18:10:15 UTC 2016

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, 6. Januar 2016, 10:06:48 schrieb Klaas Freitag:
> The outcome of the KDE finance group so far is a lib called alkimia
> which was set up by the KMyMoney people, which is awesome.

May I propose to have the API of libalkimia also be documented on
api.kde.org? That should help visibility a little, and also makes it
easier for others (like me a few minutes ago) to scan if the lib fits
ones needs or could be made to :)

I would have expected it here:
http://api.kde.org/extragear-api/office-apidocs/

You should be able to quickly get it added there, by just adding an
almost empty file "Mainpage.dox" to the toplevel folder (or
"/libalkimia"), with this content:
--- Mainpage.dox ---
/**
 * \mainpage
 */
--- Mainpage.dox ---

That should automatically result in api.kde.org generator picking up
libalkimia for generation of the API dox (happens once per day IIRC).

If you then want to enrich the info, see
https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/API_Documentation for
more info :)

I see there is code for some custom doxygen-based API dox generation
in libalkimia. I think it should be possible to keep that additionally
to Mainpage.dox, as that one is special to the scripts used by
api.kde.org. Or perhaps adopt and integrate with it.

Cheers
Friedrich