[Kde-finance-apps] Re: Fwd: Season of KDE status check

Guillaume DE BURE guillaume.debure at gmail.com
Thu May 26 21:25:30 CEST 2011

Le mercredi 25 mai 2011 07:33:03, Thomas Baumgart a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> on Tuesday 24 May 2011 22:29:31 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
>
> > Forwarding to the finance apps mailing list so that others can review too.
>
> Good idea.  Samir, are you subscribed to the list?
>
> The use case diagram and the accompanying description look good to me. Could
> be extended in a second round to cover things like 'sync/load accounts from
> app on PC' so that you don't have to enter data into the mobile app that is
> already present on the PC.
>
> A few things to keep in mind that ease later integration into any application:
>
> - assign a unique ID to each transaction
>   this allows to transfer transactions from the mobile to the PC more than
> once. The desktop applications can usually deal with duplicates if they only
> find an ID.
>
> - data transfer
>   using a known and already implemented file format would ease implementation
> work on the desktop side. With the current understanding even QIF could do the
> job (I know, we all hate it but this time we have the sending side under
> control ;) ) and the software to create it is lightweighted.  OFX seems to be
> a bit of overhead since you need external libs (libOFX).  Coming up with YAXF
> (Yet Another Xfer Format) adds additional work on the application side. Maybe
> the Skrooge logic to be moved into Alkimia could help here.

Agreed with everything here, and in the following mails (I answer to this specific one because of the last sentence).

I will generate a scheme of the Skrooge datamodel: it is needed for this, but also for many other topics, like welcoming new contributors. Then we can discuss on what needs to be evolved for alkimia :)