[Kde-finance-apps] Re: import / export library for Alkimia

Klaas Freitag freitag at kde.org
Wed May 25 16:58:10 CEST 2011

Am Mittwoch 25 Mai 2011, 07:09:30 schrieb Thomas Baumgart:

Hi,

> > We haven't been very active on the Alkimia front, but this might change
> > :)
Hah - great. Seems we finally get some live in here, cool.

> > During lunch today with Stephane, we discussed the possibilty to move our
> > import / export functions into Alkimia. Currently, it is able to do these
> > conversions: http://skrooge.org/node/70
> >
> > Our proposal is that we commit it to Alkimia, so that everyone can have a
> > look at the code, and discuss evolutions from there. Would you be OK with
> > that ?
>
> Sounds like a good idea. We certainly need to come up with a generic
> interface so that all applications can use your work. D-Bus sounds like an
> idea or even a shared library such as libalkimia.so.  We'll see.
Good idea. Sounds like import/export classes in libalkimia to me, as dbus
comes more into the game if you have to do something under another UID or
want to store in the same file etc. but thats not the case here, right?

> p.s. It's ash cloud season again ;)
Yes :) Time to meet again, we could set that up as  a rule that we meet
every ashcloud time...

Klaas