[Kde-finance-apps] AlkValue <-> QString round trip

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at kde.org
Mon Mar 28 04:20:19 CEST 2011

Hello Thomas,
I'm working on a couple of Alkimia of classes used to send quotes
value over DBus.
For that, the classes have to be marshalled and demarshalled on arrival.

Looking at AlkValue, there's not a clear way to do the round-trip.
Meaning, I have to convert AlkValue to QString (in that case,
toString() should suffice), and the I'd need an equivalent
fromString() method.

I see there's a constructor, but from the docs, that takes a regular
currency string. I'd need one that takes the output of toString and
returns a proper AlkValue.

Did I miss it and it's hidden there somewhere?
I know I could parse the string and then call one of the constructors,
but I'd rather avoid it if it's possible to have it in AlkValue
itself, where it can be properly validated.

Thanks!

Regards,
Alvaro

PS: I expect to have these classes ready for review this week, and
I'll send them to you.