[Kde-finance-apps] Re: kde-alkimia unique id

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Fri Jul 22 09:14:08 CEST 2011

Hi,

on Friday 22 July 2011 07:54:46 puneet goyal wrote:

> > Take a look at class QUuid(). I doubt that you want to use this as a
> > (visible)
> > ID in the invoice and the payment. The numbering scheme for printed
> > invoice numbers might differ from locale to locale, but a unique ID does
> > not.
> >
> > In order to match a transaction to an invoice, you need more than the
> > unique
> > ID. It might be presented wrong in the payment.
> >
> > But i dont think we will be able to detect the invoice and decompose it
>
> into the parameters used, because we dont know the algorithm used by quuid
> ( I was not able to find it though).
> I think we will have to make an algorithm of our own so that when financial
> mangager detects it , it get to know some information out of it and starts
> processing after that

Before you start thinking about how to layout the ID, please think about the
exact process of the invoice/payment handling. Make sure, that the existing
finance packages can deal with what you suggest. I still don't have the full
understanding of how this should fit together, or am I just missing something
here?

BTW: Info about QUuid can be found on eg.
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.6/quuid.html

Thomas Baumgart

Linux, because rebooting is for adding new hardware ...