[Kde-finance-apps] Re: Skrooge moving to git soon, using this list for reviewboard ?

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sat Feb 26 18:06:04 CET 2011

Hi,

on Saturday 26 February 2011 17:44:52 Guillaume DE BURE wrote:

> Le samedi 26 février 2011 15:47:50, Klaas Freitag a écrit :
> > Am Samstag, 26. Februar 2011, 15:05:49 schrieb Guillaume DE BURE:
> >
> > Hey Guillaume,
> >
> > > I am starting to work on moving skrooge from svn to git. It seems that
> > > moving implies using reviewboard for patches
> > > (http://techbase.kde.org/Contribute/Send_Patches#Reviewboard). And
> > > reviewboard needs a mail address for sending notifications.
> > >
> > > Since we do not have a specific skrooge mailing list, I was wondering
> > > if we could use this one for this purpose ?
> >
> > For me, thats fine :)

Same here. We can always change it if needed ;)

> > Is git mandatory in extragear or is it you guys liking it?
>
> Thanks Klaas :)
>
> Well, let's say reviewboard is strongly recommended by sysadmins, so I
>  decided to give it a try !

It is recommended to be used by people that don't have write access to the
repository and for larger changes that a developer wants to be reviewed before
changes are committed. I would not want to use reviewboard for obvious changes
as a core developer and rather call this case over-kill.

Thomas Baumgart

Windows are like... windows. Shiny, fragile, expensive.