[Kde-finance-apps] Brainstorming requirements for an Alkimia Quotes Backend: Feedback/Reality-Check Needed Please :)

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue May 25 14:47:47 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 25 May 2010 14:08:00 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:

[...]

> It has a BSD-license, which is open, but not quite easy to mix with
> GPL code without a special exception. We went through such a problem
> with OpenGPG and it was such a big deal Thomas had to use a whole
> different library.

Sorry, but I think I have to correct you here: it wasn't a license issue but
rather a packaging issue with the PIM libs.  The part where we had trouble
license wise was AqBanking being dependent on OpenSSL and us being dependent
on AqBanking.  The problem in the end was solved by Martin converting
AqBanking to use GnuTLS instead of OpenSSL.

> Does TA-lib provide such an advantage?
> KOffice has a good library for math, we could try to use that one if it
>  fits.

Thomas Baumgart

Unix is the most user friendly system I know, the point is
that it is really selective about who is indeed its friend.