[Kde-finance-apps] help on a new application

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Fri May 21 07:54:53 CEST 2010

On Friday 21 May 2010 04:52:26 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:

[...]

> > As for Alkimia, is there any code yet? I guess what I'm asking is what
> > are my first steps? If it would be helpful I can write out some
> > requirements brainstormings wrt to what I've learned so far with regards
> > retrieving/storing/serving stock data. Also, if anybody off-hand knows of
> > any good example library/dbus code to look at that twould be sweet...
> > otherwise I could always not be lazy and just use Google... :)
>
> There is no code yet.

Well, I have some here in a little sandbox. It's basically just moving from
MyMoneyMoney (rational numbers using 64 bit ints) to AlkValue (rational
numbers based on libgmp (http://gmplib.org/). For a smooth transition at some
point in time I want to base MyMoneyMoney on AlkValue, such that we have

class MyMoneyMoney : public AlkValue

and don't have to touch the app at all (OK, I am in dream mode).

> Here are some KDE DBus tutorials:
> http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/#D-Bus
> You should also get acquainted with cmake, and SVN for the source code
> repository.

Don't forget docbook in the list of tools. As for alkimia (or do we spell it
Alkimia?) this is a *must*. Otherwise, no one will use it.

Thomas Baumgart

BTW, just the planning of the test cases helped me
to improve the code a lot. -- Alvaro Soliverez