[Kde-finance-apps] stock quotes: help committing to svn?

Fernando Vilas fvilas at iname.com
Sun Jun 27 04:34:15 CEST 2010

On Saturday, June 26, 2010 21:21:21 Brian Cappello wrote:
> OK, so just to make sure I don't mess this up, is this right?
> 1) checkout the alkimia directory and cd alkimia
> 2) cp -a ~/my_local_SRC_dir ./alkquotes
> 3) svn add alkquotes
> 4) svn commit -m "message"

You may want to add

3b) svn diff

That way, you can verify what you are about to commit first. If it's more than
your terminal history can handle, pipe the output to a pager like
'svn diff | less'

It is not a required step, but when you are committing specific files, rather
than your whole sandbox, it reminds you what files to ignore.

--
Thanks,
Fernando Vilas
fvilas at iname.com