[Kde-finance-apps] Spring meeting

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Jan 24 21:43:48 CET 2010

On Sunday 24 January 2010 20:45:06 Arnaud Dupuis wrote:
> Le dimanche 24 janvier 2010 02:49:10, Alvaro Soliverez a écrit :
> > Date:
> > Spring this year.
> > KMyMoney and Kraft will be releasing versions for KDE4, but I don't
> > think anyone else is, and I don't see a problem with that.
>
> Well actually I'm seriously thinking to release a KDE4 version of my
> software (depending on the state of KDE 4 for windows) as well as renaming
> it, but as I said in another mail it may be a good question to answer :
> will the KDE finance project actually require KDE or just Qt4 ?

My personal opinion on this is to use KDE technology when it comes to the UI
for those applications that want to use it. To attract more applications, the
underlying base software should be limited to the use of Qt.  That was our
intention when we created the MyMoney engine code. Through the years, and
without another application in sight, some KDE code slipped into it, but the
idea is still to keep if KDE free.

We can certainly discuss these matters as part of a first meeting.

Thomas Baumgart

Computers are like air conditioners: they stop working
properly if you open WINDOWS (anonymous source)