[Kde-finance-apps] Approval from KDE e.V. Board

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Feb 28 20:00:56 CET 2010

Hi,

on Sunday 28 February 2010 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 6:41 PM, Guillaume DE BURE
>
> <guillaume.debure at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Le Samedi 27 Février 2010 22:32:05, Klaas Freitag a écrit :
> >> Hi Guys,
> >>
> >> we have the approval of the KDE e.V. Board that they will reimburse
> >> our costs for the Sprint Sprint :-)
> >
> > Fantastic !
> >
> >> I have approached them with the following list:
> >>
> >>  For accomodation, options around 60 Euro per night are available near
> >>  by the sprint location, which would sum up to
> >>  6 people * 3 nights * 60 Euro = 1080 Euro
> >
> > That will probably be 2 nights only for me (Friday + Saturday).
> >
> >> and Sebastian got back to me with the following message:
> >>
> >>  "We only apply the 80% rule to Akademy. KDE e.V. is happy to sponsor
> >>   100% of the above stated costs. Please make the preparations :)"
> >>
> >> So it seams that we're lucky bunnies :-) Everybody please go ahead and
> >> arrange the travel. In case of questions or if you need assistance you
> >> could ask Claudia Rauch <rauch at kde.org>, she works for the KDE e.V. and
> >> is happy to help and quite experienced with sprints :)
> >>
> >> Isn't that cool?
> >
> > Koool  B)
> >
> > /me is off to airfrance.fr
> >
> >> Klaas
>
> I'm flying Lufthansa to go, and TAM for the return flight. :D

I hope, the LH pilots will have an agreement with LH by then, otherwise we
might see some strikes going on.  But don't worry, we'll see.

> Great news. I booked my flight on Friday, because I was running out of
> option. It was almost U$S100 over what I had stated in the wiki. So, I
> took a leap of faith and booked the flight. :p

> I'll be arriving early, on Thursday 22nd at 15pm. It was either that,
> or leaving home at the same time, but spending the extra time on a
> chair of some US airport.

That sounds good.

> BTW, I've been talking to Claudia about some requirements for my
> travel, and she is super.

Yes, she does an excellent job.

> Thomas, please tell us anything we need for the meeting.

So far, you need to bring yourself, good spirit, endurance, lots of ideas,
fun, camera, laptop/notebook/cray/???  For other stuff, I open a section on
the wiki page.

> Also, everyone please start preparing a brief introduction about your
> applications and your development workflow and architecture. That will
> be useful to know where it makes more sense to integrate our work.
> And, to be honest, I don't know squat about how you work and then
> internals of your applications, so we better get up-to-speed fast.
>
> Remember to add in the wiki the subjects you would like to talk about.

Yes, please also confirm/update your traveling dates if required so that I can
get in touch with Claudia to make hotel reservations. Please do so asap. I
added another column for the confirmation on the wiki page.

Thomas Baumgart

Computers let you make more mistakes faster than any other
invention in human history, with the possible exception
of handguns and tequila. --Mitch Radcliffe