[Kde-finance-apps] Spring meeting

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue Feb 9 09:27:16 CET 2010

On Monday 08 February 2010 19:40:24 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 1:18 PM, Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de> wrote:
> >>
> >> Would be OK for me.

> >> What is your preference at this point? The hotel around the corner of
> >> our office runs at 59 EUR a night. There's another one at 49 a night
> >> which is a 20 minutes walk from the office. One could always call a cab
> >> though. Would that be an acceptable rate for everyone or should I look
> >> for cheaper ones?
> >
> > I hit the send button too early.
> >
> > Above price info is for the single room. Doubles run at 74 / 64 for the
> > room, so that would lower the rate per person if you want. In all cases,
> > breakfast is *not* included and runs at 19 EUR a person (which is a bit
> > expensive in my eyes)
> >
> > Found another hotel: double room 60, single 40 EUR a night (incl.
> > breakfast) This one is located in the town I live and has free internet
> > access (don't know if WLAN or a terminal). We would need a cab, but I
> > know the boss of the local cab company and could try to make arrangements
> > to keep the rate at a reasonable rate. Also, I can take 4 people in my
> > car.
>
> How about a hostel? I remember spending a few nights in
> Jugendherbergens in Germany and they were not bad at all, specially
> for only 3-4 nights.

Good point. They even have meeting rooms for groups. I am not sure about
internet access. Usually they 'only' have a fixed terminal. I'll check some
of them in the area.

They usually have the following packages:

* bed and breakfast
* bed and breakfast, dinner
* bed and breakfast, lunch, dinner

The last one only makes sense if we meet at the location.

Another option could be for you to stay at the Frankfurt youthhostel and we
meet at our office.

> I dunno if they are that much cheaper, though. I don't think we can
> get a student discount anymore. :D

Price for Frankfurt B&B would be (single room) 41,50, (double room) 36,50.
Four people or more per room run at 23,00.

Price for Bad Homburg B&B would be (single room) 36,90 (double room) 33,40.
Four people or more per room run at 24,90.

All prices in EUR. Also, one requires a membership (don't know how that works
for foreigners - have to ask) and we need to pay for a meeting room. I did
not check the availability for any of the dates yet.

Update on the membership: I could get a group membership card from the local
sports club, so that is not necessary for you guys.

And for all, that don't know what I am talking about:
http://www.jugendherberge.de/en/

Thomas Baumgart

'Only wimps use backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff
on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it ;)' - Linus Torvalds