[Kde-finance-apps] [Kmymoney2-developer] Feature request: multi-client cooperation

Lukáš Doktor ldoktor at redhat.com
Tue Aug 3 17:32:19 CEST 2010

Hi,

thank you for interesting information. I didn't know about
Alkimia/kde-finance projects and from the paper it looks amazing.

1) About multiple kMyMoney applications cooperation:
I can imagine a synchronisation plug-in for kMyMoney which might store
id-id relations. In future it might check for duplicity and other
features too. (for few clients cooperation)
Another solution might be id generation for all hosts (uuid?) and clean
synchronisation. (for many clients cooperation)

2) About mobile phone application:
I can imagine a simple application (QT, java, Android, iPhone...) which
creates the bills on the netbook/phone and plug-in/app for storing those
information into the kMyMoney's database (or in future using Alkimia's
D-Bus interface) on the target machine.

To be honest for me the second part is sufficient as I do the account
managing on one computer, but I use multiple computers for bill addition.

If I have enough time I'll take a look at the Alkimia's D-Bus subsystem.
Getting it work might be also an interesting diploma thesis topic
(depends on the expected project death-line).

Best regards,
Lukáš Doktor