[Kde-finance-apps] Fwd: KDE Finance apps talk for Akademy 2010?

Klaas Freitag freitag at kde.org
Thu Apr 1 22:44:05 CEST 2010

Hiho,

> > on Wednesday 31 March 2010 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> > > Yes, I hope there will be a lot to tell about by that time.
Yes, I also hope so. We have big potential with what we're doing.

> > > The talks in Akademy are short and don't get so deep into the code,
> > > unless it's a BoF workshop. So, if you want to give it a try, we can
> > > all help you prepare the materials for the talk.
Looks like I have to give the talk as I am the only one so far being in
Tampere? I will do if you want, but you guys should think again if you
really want to miss 24 hours daylight per day ;-)
But you guys promised to help with materials, thats great and I will come
back to you.

> > In case you want to see how it could look like (it's terrible):
> > http://kmymoney2.sourceforge.net/akademy2008.html
>
> It's not terrible, it seems you've done great !
Absolutely, very professional, I enjoyed it live.

The thing is that applications which are not in the core of KDE like
Konqueror and such seem not so much interesting for the people at Akademy.
Understandable on the one hand, because apps serve for a special purpose
and not all hackers are interested in that purpose, but on the other
hand applications are what make projects like KDE successful on the long
run.  Many people in KDE are aware of that. We are in a good position to
work on generating more interest in the KDE community. We do not need to
worry about users, they are interested anyways.

> > Alvaro: You have my full understanding and support on this subject. I
> > bet, Klaas will chime in as well :D
Well, yes, but better don't talk about daughters birthdays ;-)

> Fully agreed... It's tough being a geek and a father :D
Yes, it is on the one hand, on the other for me there are a lot of evenings
where I care for the (sleeping) children and have time to hack.

regards,

Klaas