[Kde-extra-gear] This list and associated website will be ending in one week

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Wed Jan 20 16:36:24 UTC 2016

Hi,

let's get this one finished.

Am Montag, 31. August 2015, 20:09:39 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> El Dilluns, 31 d'agost de 2015, a les 14:10:05, Helio Chissini de Castro va
>
> escriure:
> > Hello everyone.
> >
> > This list made his job from years, but now is time to let it go and assume
> > this is a thing from the past. As same the aged website.
>
> I'm concerned about the website going away, yes it is *old* but there are
> links going to it and there's visits as piwik shows, what are we going to do
> with it? totally kill it? I think we should make some redirects to places
> that make sense at least for app pages

Redirects could be done to the respective app pages below
https://www.kde.org/applications/
which are having similar info.

Not sure all apps have pages there already (e.g. KXStitch is to be found
where? is not in /applications/graphics/ at least), so would be also good to
fix that while doing so.

Anyone quick up to do that, first
a) add missing pages to kde.org/applications, then
b) adding redirects?

If noone is up for a), I might give it a go. Needs someone to tell me where to
find the kde.org/applications sources.

> > I'll like to ask everyone that used and uses this list and website for
> > software announces, there's several other kde lists, but in general,
> > Planet
> > KDE is a welcome place to do this.

> interesting in that regard.
>
> Cheers,
>   Albert
>
> > This decision was made due the lack of proper reasoning answers, and first
> > inquiry to remove it was more than year ago, so, enough time to see if we
> > should keep or not, so the answer was not.
> >
> > Regards, Helio

Cheers
Friedrich