[Kde-extra-gear] This list and associated website will be ending in one week

Elvis Angelaccio elvis.angelaccio at kdemail.net
Fri Sep 4 16:45:34 UTC 2015

> El Dilluns, 31 d'agost de 2015, a les 14:10:05, Helio Chissini de Castro va
> escriure:
> > Hello everyone.
> >
> > This list made his job from years, but now is time to let it go and
> assume
> > this is a thing from the past. As same the aged website.
>
> I'm concerned about the website going away, yes it is *old* but there are
> links going to it and there's visits as piwik shows, what are we going to
> do
> with it? totally kill it? I think we should make some redirects to places
> that
> make sense at least for app pages

+ 1 for removing the app pages and making redirects elsewhere. They are
either outdated or show duplicated info from the "official" project
websites.
But we should also remove the version numbers from the homepage, since they
are mostly outdated (e.g. current stable version of digiKam: 0.9.2).

Right now the website is a static list of apps. It would be really nice to
have a dynamic page instead, built reading projects metadata somewhere.
This would allow to automagically update version numbers and also update
the app list as soon as a project joins (or leaves) Extragear.
But of course this would require some work and some volunteer.

> > I'll like to ask everyone that used and uses this list and website for
> > software announces, there's several other kde lists, but in general,
> Planet
> > KDE is a welcome place to do this.

> interesting in that regard.
>
> Cheers,