[Kde-extra-gear] How to do a release?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon May 26 19:35:33 UTC 2014

Hello,
As you may or may not be aware I've been taking care of
kgraphviewer since a while.
I think it would be time to make a proper release soonish,
however my attempts to find documentation on how to do that
left me rather more confused, possibly since some of what I
found probably only applied to core KDE.
I'd appreciate any help and hints, but the main things I am aware of I
need answers to:
1) Any specific place to put tarballs at? Looking at other projects
   it looks like "whereever you want". I also wonder if there is
   any point considering the next one point:
2) I found this one on http://extragear.kde.org/home/docs.php:
"There will be an extragear package per module on each kde release,
 including only applications that have stable tag and compiles against
 KDE release."
   However I could not find information on how to set a stable tag
   for the git repositories (most importantly, what it should be named,
   if it should be a tag or branch), but only for SVN.
   I wonder if it even still applies, neither
   http://download.kde.org/stable/extragear/ nor
   http://download.kde.org/snapshots/ looks particularly up-to-date to
   me.

3) There is also a note about notifying the translation team.
   Is there an easy way to check whether
     a) There are actually any translations for the project at all
     b) If they even need any changes
     ?

Thanks,
Reimar Döffinger