[Kde-extra-gear] ktouchpadenabler moved to kdereview

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 19:15:46 UTC 2012

Am 04.01.2012, 18:51 Uhr, schrieb Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org>:

> I don't really see any point in doing that, nothing can be shared
> between them
> and the existing ktouchpadenabler so instead of one simple codebase (166
> lines
> with 20 of headers) you end up adding more complexity to existing
> programs
> (probably integrating the code in the existing programs would be more
> than 166
> lines).

I guess what Christoph meant was to avoid having another XSelect daemon.
I've not seen the code (and deleted the original mail in case it's linked
there - winkwink) but my approach would be to have a tool to be invoked
when "something" happens, rather than adding yet another keyboard event
listening daemon bound to a very specific event.

Actually I've a setup a udev rule to simply "fix" things whenever I
un/plug a mouse (not sure what or where that particular key is)

Cheers,
Thomas