[Kde-extra-gear] Re: Yakuake starts always rolled down

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Tue Feb 1 21:29:36 CET 2011

On 2/1/2011 9:15 PM, Jaime Martín Jiménez wrote:
> Hi at all,

Hi Jaimie,

> I have installed Yakuake 2.9.7 in my Gentoo Linux with KDE 4.4.5.
> Yakuake starts automatically with my KDE session but I would like to
> start Yakuake hidden (roll up) and then roll it with F12 or another
> shortcut. Every time I start my session, Yakuake it's showed on the
> screen (roll down). Is there any option to keep Yakuake rolled down
> after launched?

my guess is that you've added Yakuake manually to your
autostart settings while also having KDE's session mana-
ger in the default configuration of restarting all apps
on login that were running at logout.

This causes the Yakuake executable to be run twice, and
if Yakuake's executable is ran again while Yakuake is
already running, it causes the window to open (or close,
if it was already open, i.e. re-running the executable
is much like using the shortut key).

You can do one of these three things to solve your pre-
dicament:
- Remove Yakuake from your autostart and rely on the
   Session Manager restarting it.
- Use the Session Manager's config options in System
   Settings to exclude Yakuake from the auto-restart
   list and rely on your autostart setting starting it
- Disable the Session Manager's auto-restart entirely
   and rely on manual autostart.

--
Best regards,
Eike Hein