[Kde-extra-gear] Open for Review: Massif Visualizer

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Sat Nov 6 16:04:13 CET 2010

Hey all,

I'm not sure on what the procedure is to have a project on git.kde.org be
review (am I supposed to move it somehow to a "kdereview" module?). So I just
shoot at the dark and announce it here directly:

Please review Massif Visualizer for inclusion in KDE Extra Gear SDK:
https://projects.kde.org/massif-visualizer

It works rather well for me and apparently other people. It's (since
yesterday) possible to use it on Mac OSX as well, a ports file was posted by a
user for inclusion in MacPorts.

Any kind of code review would be appreciated, parts that I know could be
improved (just not sure how):

- i18n: Albert, I think you said that I have some strange strings, could you
tell me which?

- the FindKGraphViewer.cmake file: I'm a total cmake n00b and this was mostly a
"copy&paste" and then "make it work" result. I'm totally unsure whether this
is correct or not. Considering that I already got a "it does not work" message
[1] (which was before I made the dependency optional), I wonder what might be
wrong here...

- KDChart installation: It's a sad reality, that KDChart is not officially
released as a library that gets shipped by repositories, but each programm
installs it's own version (like KOffice Chart, or?). I wonder whether this could
cause problems, having multiple apps trying to install a KOffice .so? How could
I make sure this does not happen?

[1]: http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=122409
--
Milian Wolff