[Kde-extra-gear] Git and the future of scripts to create extragear tarballs

Harald Sitter sitter.harald at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 23:10:11 CEST 2010

Howdy!

Just to make some advertisement... ;)

My script does really go far beyond Amarok nowadays. In particular the
refactor at hand is designed with Amarok and Digikam/Kipi in mind but since it
also got adopted by choqok and more recently by KDevelop/KDevplatform and
Muon/libqapt I can claim that it scales pretty well and supports a lot of
extra goodies (like the chopping of incomplete translations as mentioned by
Eike).

Its primary focus are extragear applications so I personally would think that
all extragear/playground apps should (be able to) use it and if they cannot it
is a defect in the script that needs to be fixed.

Currently I am working on a complete redesign that will be more dynamic in a
lot of ways but most importantly with regards to what VCS is used where, which
then will also feature kick-ass GIT support (the current GIT implementation is
quite frankly more of a hack than anything else ;)).

My personal target is to make releasing as painless as possible and to that
extend try to incorporate wishes ASAP.

So, I would be delighted to get more happy customers and always love to have
an excuse for some ruby programming ^^

regards,
Harald